5 steps — Someone Brand New to Crypto, the advice I wish I got 6 years ago
If you are interested go for it. The sooner you wet your toes the better. I spent too long at the beginning obsessing about it without properly diving into it.
1. Step one — buy your first small amount of bitcoin. The sooner the better.
2. Today — buy a small amount with Revolut. Though it’s not ideal with fees and not being able to send them, it’s the easiest way to begin. This is like learning to swim in shallower water. There is less room for error.
3. Once you feel like you have mastered Revolut, & you want to be able to buy more alt coins, enjoy lower fees and be able to move your crypto around — its time to move onto exchanges. Sign up for Coinbase. It is an exchange (website) to access through your laptop. Here you will enjoy more options.
4. After you feel comfortable on Coinbase, I recommend you move on to Kraken and Binance. These are two other exchanges that offer more coins and I prefer them.
5. This is controversial but I recommend you now get a wallet. Depending on how tech-savvy you are — you could get it earlier. The reason I have put it til now, which is far later than most would recommend, is because I have seen so many see this wallet put them off the whole thing.
6. Now you have mastery over crypto, you should move on to Decentraland and Openea. The new frontier in crypto.
Read this post and more on my Typeshare Social Blog